DHEA Suppositories

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
PacNorWestGuy
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 13th, 1981

DHEA Suppositories

Postby PacNorWestGuy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am

My wife started sufferring from "dyspareunia" or painful sex, after navigating that wonderful event known as menopause. :( Doing some research, we found some articles on DHEA suppositories. We found some great information over at Bonny's Oysterbed7 (https://www.oysterbed7.com/dhea-help-vaginal-dryness/) and a couple other places. We even found a press release at the FDA that they announced the approval of a DHEA suppository called Intrarosa: (https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom ... 529641.htm). Prior to visiting a doctor, we went ahead and ordered a non-prescription offering from Natures Naturopathic that we found online. My question is this, has anyone used them? If so, did you see results?
Thanks!

love2
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 16th, 2006

Re: DHEA Suppositories

Postby love2 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 am

I haven't but I know everyone's response to hormones is so highly individualized that I don't think you'll know how they affect her until you try it.

I know across the board a lot of people swear by bioidentical hormones vs. synthetic.

Best of luck for you and wife getting this resolved.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:05 pm

If your wife is willing to see a physical therapist for her pain, they might be able to help without drugs.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:42 am

I know that I'm a broken record on this, but try Defy Medical. My wife and I are both patients. I don't believe you find a more thorough hormonal work-up or more knowledgeable people to treat you. It costs nothing to call and ask.

DHEA can be taken orally. It will help, but she needs more than DHEA. My wife takes it plus she uses compounded testosterone and progesterone creams.

PacNorWestGuy
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 13th, 1981

Postby PacNorWestGuy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks all. We are definitely trying to avoid any oral meds. The very interesting aspect of the vaginal suppositories is that they evidently don't introduce any changes in overall blood hormone levels:
"As strong support for the mechanism of intracrinology, recent randomized and placebo-controlled studies have shown that all the signs and symptoms of vulvovaginal atrophy can be rapidly improved or corrected by local administration of DHEA without systemic exposure to estrogen,” Labrie, F. (2013). Multiple applications of intracrinology in clinical medicine, Endocrine Abstracts (31)2."

Leah wrote:If your wife is willing to see a physical therapist for her pain, they might be able to help without drugs.

Leah, when I saw "physical therapy" I was a bit taken back. How would that possibly be done? After a little bit of research, I found out and I can absolutely guarantee, that no, my wife would not be open to that. I guess it would be one thing if it was just consultation and assigned homework, but the treatment seems much more invasive than that and I wouldn't blame her at all for being adverse to it. However, since a very good friend of ours is a PT, and a post-menopausal woman, I might be able to convince my DW to talk to her and get some home-study material. Thanks for the idea!

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:49 pm

I would ask your wife to talk to the friend. Physical therapy is a little more invasive than what one might think, but it has absolutely no side effects. It is no more invasive than a standard OB/Gyn exam, or having someone stick their hand in during labor and delivery. Every drug has a side effect, and after being on some of the newest and most expen$ive stuff out there, I can tell you it's not all rainbows and unicorns like they show on the commercials. I have a pretty high sex drive, even at my advanced age, and the pain I was in before PT made me almost afraid.

I talk a little more about my experience here.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

reillyj
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 7th, 1981

Postby reillyj » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:09 pm

PNW guy, how did the suppositories work?

Return to “Menopause”