Sex headache

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
aerostimpy
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 5th, 2000

Sex headache

Postby aerostimpy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:46 am

The last two times my wife and I have tried to be intimate, I have ended up with a rather severe headache afterwards. The first time it was during my orgasm and I pushed through to full completion but was pretty much completely debilitated after that for about 10-15 minutes and still had at least a small headache the rest of the day. Last night, she was on top and things were going well and I felt the heachache coming so I had her stop. Although it wasn't as painful, it was still enough to ruin the evening by putting a stop to everything.

I've had it happen before but once in a LONG while but now it has happened the last two times in a row. I'm a pilot so I have physicals twice a year and have never had any results that a doctor was concerned about. Anybody else ever had similar issues?

jude700
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 19th, 1997

Re: Sex headache

Postby jude700 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:12 am

Have you ever gone through decompression? It has the same effect on some :( ::cb
He is risen!

Learning1
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 15th, 2014

Postby Learning1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:40 am

Are you keeping hydrated ? Both DH and I suffer mild to severe headaches especially with an activity like sex, when we do not keep ourselves hydrated.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

Nova
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 2012

Postby Nova » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:43 am

I'll second the point about staying hydrated. Additionally, have you had your blood pressure checked recently? Activities like sex play havoc with your blood pressure, so if you already have mild BP issues, it could exacerbate it into a noticeable condition.
Please don't think I'm being aggressive just because I use strong language. If I'm posting on your thread, it's because I care.

HubZ
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 7th, 2014

Postby HubZ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Agree with the others - stay hydrated.

gracehusband
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1965

Postby gracehusband » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:29 pm

I had the very same experience years ago. Almost every time, just before orgasm I could feel a headache coming which quickly got worse and peaked during orgasm. Very severe. The pain lessened over about an hour but left me with residual pain for some time. I was in my mid thirties.

For me, in a word....stress! My elderly mother was living with us which was not going well, two young children, and about to loose my job. Back then I internalized the bad stuff, but thought just maybe the headaches and my stress might be related.

My mom moved to her own place, I took a new job and somewhere along the way my headaches stopped. Don't recall ever experiencing them again.

Looking back I should have talk to a doctor.

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 am

I get headaches fairly frequently and while they are not caused by sex, sex and particularly orgasm exacerbate them. What was a mild headache before sex will have progressed to a pounding intense one after orgasm (of course during orgasm I don't feel it but it comes roaring back afterward). I always assumed it had something to do with increased blood flow and heart rate (similar to how cardio exercise that gets my heart pumping can make a headache worse or occasionally bring one on).

marriedforlife90
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 19th, 1990

Postby marriedforlife90 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:26 pm

I'm just now seeing this, but please see a doctor. When this happened to my husband, he had bleeding in his brain. Please see someone.

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”