Lichen Sclerosus

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
grateful2God
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 3rd, 1981

Lichen Sclerosus

Postby grateful2God » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi, I have been reading a lot on this site and have just become a member, I was reading a response on another post and the responder stated she had a lichen sclerosus, I was recently diagnosed and am pretty overwhelmed, would love to message this person for some wisdom, but I cannot figure out how:( I am 58 years old married for almost thirty five years and up till now have a pretty satisfied marriage bed. Thanks so much, grateful2God

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Re: Lichen Sclerosus

Postby Leah » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:33 am

That would be me.

Our software settings require a longer posting history before you are able to PM.

The best thing to do is talk to your doctor. I'm not doing anything other than paying for the prescriptions and following her directions.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

grateful2God

Postby grateful2God » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanks Leah, I am doing all that you suggested. grateful2God

Leah
Under the stars

Postby Leah » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:36 pm

In the meantime, it is very important to keep those tissues lubricated. Coconut oil is our go-to lube, and my doctor wholeheartedly recommends it. It helps to use it after bathing just to maintain moisture levels. You all might need to upgrade to a more slippery lube. Lube well before sexual activity begins might help, and so might good foreplay. I think a lot of men wait a little too long before they suggest or initiate, and I think sex needs to be part of the daily discussion before urgency becomes an issue.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

grateful2God

Postby grateful2God » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks again Leah,
I had a follow-up phone appointment with my Dr.and asked her about coconut oil and she was highly in favor of it.

Trying to keep communicating with my husband, right now I am Very symptomatic so intercourse is off the table and the thought of being touched is pretty much unbearable at this point, I am doing my best to satisfy my husband, hope to resume mutual satisfaction when things settle down a bit. I was just diagonosed so I am trying to figure out if there are triggers and keeping a symptom diary. The tricky thing right now is having to focus on how I am 'feeling', without letting how I am 'feeling' control my attitude, behavior or go down the road of self pity. Frankly it's not something one can share openly to ask others to pray. I appreciate your imput, thanks for listening. grateful2God

Leah
Under the stars

Postby Leah » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 pm

I have been using EmuaidMax with good results. It's available at traditional pharmacies like Walgreens and RiteAid, as well as places like Amazon.
Leah

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”