Acidic excretions?

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
dr_parsley
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 2nd, 2005

Acidic excretions?

Postby dr_parsley » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:50 am

My DW complains of going through underwear at a rate of knots, with little holes appearing after even a couple of months, as if her excretions are acidic! She also gets sore quite easily, which prevents LM for a day. Any experience/suggestions to share?
"Deliver me from worldly dispositions, for I am born from above and destined for glory" - Valley of Vision
"They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation" - Peter

MapleSyrup
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2006

Re: Acidic excretions?

Postby MapleSyrup » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:23 am

Suggestions for the undies:
-Is she buying good quality undies or cheapies?
-Is she buying underwear with a lining?
-If the answer is "yes" to the above, is she washing her undies in the delicate cycle?
-Does she have numerous sets of underwear so that she "rotates" through them less often (therefore, wears them less often?)

Suggestions for the soreness:
-Are you folks using ample lube? (dh and I like Kama Sutra Peppermint and "Wet" Synergy Cool Tingle [Mint]--I've found the "cooling" lubes keep me from getting sore a LOT better than other lubes)
-Work your way up to vigorous sex... start slow and when arousal peaks, get vigorous
-Alternate vigorous days with lazy sex days (i.e. jackhammer today, spoon sex tomorrow?)
-Have sex on a daily basis to build up tolerance... it's kinda like exercising... if you only do it once a week you'll always be sore the day after, but if you do it every day, you build up a resistance and don't get sore anymore unless you up the ante from your norm)
"Let the wife make her husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
(Martin Luther)

Drop by my devotional blog sometime!
http://thedailystumbler.blogspot.com
for those whose faith seems to have two left feet

mamame
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Postby mamame » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 am

One other laundry related thing to rule out:
If your laundry cycle has undies sitting for a few days before they get washed, holes are more likely to form because the fluids remain in contact with the fabric longer.

Can you get ahold of lithmus papers to test the acidity? Not sure what the pH of vaginal fluid is supposed to be though.

little_aussie_wifey

Postby little_aussie_wifey » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 am

This actually happens to me, and I have wondered about an acidity factor because I often have burning on the skin in that area.

CookiesAndCream
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 20th, 1995

Postby CookiesAndCream » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 am

I had this issue too and I have found it to be easily relieved by using RepHresh Gel.
It is supposed to ...
"Clinically shown to maintain healthy vaginal pH!
Healthy feminine pH can help reduce risk of vaginal issues.
Eliminates vaginal odor.
Relieves feminine discomfort"
(copied from www.rephresh.com)

They have a whole line of products of which I have only tried one other. Replens and I think it worked too well. Using it I felt like I had too much moisture all of the time. RepHresh can be purchased at most drug stores and walmart for about $13-15 that is for 3 treatments that last (I think) 4 days. So it seems to me a little expensive but worth it for me.

I would also say before using any over the counter product a visit to the GYN would be advisable to rule out any type of infection.
Cream

“The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.” unknown

Liberated
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 18th, 2003

Postby Liberated » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:21 am

I found this link tonight whilst browsing for something else, it's for testing the Ph level for vaginal excretions:

http://middlesexmd.com/product/vagisil-screening-kit

Over the years I thought maybe my vaginal discharge was wrecking my underwear but then realised it was the adhesive strip on my pads, with the constant replacing throughout the day over 7 days it was weakening the fibre of the underwear, I worked this out when I noticed all my more "delicate" underwear I wear more frequently aren't damaged.

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”