Allergic reaction???

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
sxlssmrg
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 4th, 1983

Allergic reaction???

Postby sxlssmrg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello all,

My DW of 28 years is working at our sex life but has told me that it's painful during and after sex and that she thinks she is allergic to me. She breaks out around her mouth after OS and is sore and swollen in the vaginal area. I have no idea what the problem could be and I have never heard of a wife being allergic to her husband. Sometimes when we kiss she has a reaction to me so I know she's not making this up.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this before?

A

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Re: Allergic reaction???

Postby Leah » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

sxlssmrg wrote:Hello all,

My DW of 28 years is working at our sex life but has told me that it's painful during and after sex and that she thinks she is allergic to me. She breaks out around her mouth after OS and is sore and swollen in the vaginal area. I have no idea what the problem could be and I have never heard of a wife being allergic to her husband. Sometimes when we kiss she has a reaction to me so I know she's not making this up.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this before?

A

Could it be something in your diets?
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

Two Hearts
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 25th, 1986

Postby Two Hearts » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Diet may be the issue or your DW may be sensitive to products you are using.
Mr. Hearts had to change brands of toothpaste, mouthwash, and shower gel because I was getting itchy, irritated skin after OS. I haven't had a problem since he made the switch.
Recently, DH developed an odd rash on his heiney. Turns out he was allergic to the new scented laundry products I was using on his undies. Switching to a dye-free, perfume-free detergent solved the problem.

thisbejoe7
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 28th, 1998

Postby thisbejoe7 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 am

Has it always been a problem or is this a new thing? I know a woman who is allergic to her husbands semen, could it be a semen allergy?

Deelmo
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 8th, 1979

Postby Deelmo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 am

Allergies can come and go at any point in life. And yes, she could be allergic to your semen. Her GYN can test for this. And it could be a product (new or old). Best of luck figuring it out. Are you drinking a lot of water? If not, try drinking 64 oz a day. That helped in our situation.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least, 10 being the greatest) are you normal? I am a 1. And who's scale am I using? My wife's, of course!

sxlssmrg
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 4th, 1983

Postby sxlssmrg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Thank you all,
We'll talk these suggestions over and see what we can do to try to deal with this. The soreness and redness it causes are causing some definite infrequency on top of all the other issues. This one though is a genuine reason for her to be wary of sex.

A

padsnd
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2004

Postby padsnd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:34 am

As some suggested, she may be allergic to something you eat or use. I would take a scientific approach to this. Make a list of things that you like to eat that she doesn't. Add to that list, products that you use (soaps, deodorants, shampoos, etc.) that she doesn't. If they item can be eliminated, remove it for 3-4 days. See if there is a change. If you think there is a change, reintroduce it and see if it comes back. If the item can't be eliminated (like shampoo), try using a different brand for a short period.
padsnd

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”