New Pain during Deep Penetration

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
MapleSyrup
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2006

New Pain during Deep Penetration

Postby MapleSyrup » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:40 am

Hey folks,

So, when dh and I were having IC yesterday, I was getting a sharp ache in the right-hand side of my abdomen. It was quite far over--almost completely on my side, but slightly to the front. I just had a pelvic exam at the doctor's on Monday, so I doubt there are any abnormalities, otherwise he would have caught it. Anyone experience anything similar? I had to really play around with a few different positions/angles to get the pain to go away. The pain didn't linger, but every time dh thrust in I would get an achy pain in my right side.

I've brainstormed a couple ideas:
1) Maybe I passed my fertile window and my cervix changed position, so he was hitting that, maybe?
2) This was the 8th day in a row we've had IC, which is a record in our marriage, so perhaps my body is getting tired/sore?
3) Something else??

What do you guys think? Keep in mind this is the first time I've experienced anything like this... It's not recurring. I hope it was a one time thing. It started 2 days ago towards the end of IC when dh was getting vigorous and I thought he was just grabbing my hips to hard... but then yesterday it was happening throughout sex, every time dh thrust in, and he wasn't holding onto my hips.

Bleh... seems like I'm a magnet for sexual issues. :P
"Let the wife make her husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
(Martin Luther)

Drop by my devotional blog sometime!
http://thedailystumbler.blogspot.com
for those whose faith seems to have two left feet

angellove
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 20th, 1990

Re: New Pain during Deep Penetration

Postby angellove » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm

My guess would be ovary pain, especially if you are close to ovulation. Sometimes, during deep thrusting, the womanly parts get moved around enough to cause the ovaries to move a bit. They can get a bit more sensitive near ovulation

lee'swife
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 9th, 2001

Postby lee'swife » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 pm

weepingwillow wrote:Ditto the ovary pain. I get that around ovulation time. The time I am feeling the most amorous and I get that sharp pain? No fair! :P

+1
When did we start thinking that God only wanted us to go to safe places and do easy things?

MapleSyrup
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2006

Postby MapleSyrup » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks for the replies, ladies! I guess I didn't think ovaries could hurt... Haha ;)
"Let the wife make her husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
(Martin Luther)

Drop by my devotional blog sometime!
http://thedailystumbler.blogspot.com
for those whose faith seems to have two left feet

lee'swife

Postby lee'swife » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 am

oh yes they can hurt and they can hurt during ovulation just as bad as menstrual cramps. For me I don't get bad menstrual cramps but my ovulation cramps can take my breath away.
When did we start thinking that God only wanted us to go to safe places and do easy things?

beautyfromashes
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 20th, 2004

Postby beautyfromashes » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 am

I get ovary pain during ovulation too. Sometimes bad enough to double me over. I have family history of ovarian cysts, so I've been checked for them. My doctor said some women just experience more pain when the ovary releases the egg. (called mittleschmirtz, btw)
Deep intimacy always requires work, acceptance, and forgiveness. Lots of it. ~~ Linda Dillow

lee'swife

Postby lee'swife » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 am

beautyfromashes wrote:I get ovary pain during ovulation too. Sometimes bad enough to double me over. I have family history of ovarian cysts, so I've been checked for them. My doctor said some women just experience more pain when the ovary releases the egg. (called mittleschmirtz, btw)

Mine told me the same thing. I told him that wasn't helpful :lol:

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”