Pain in some positions, not others. Normal?

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
TangledUpInYou

Pain in some positions, not others. Normal?

Postby TangledUpInYou » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 am

I know hubby would like to try more positions, and I'm open to that too. The problem is that most positions either don't allow for maximum pleasure on both our parts OR they are painful for me. We've found 2 positions that work, one better than other. The biggest issue is that I MUST have access to ... keep myself stimulated ... so it's very limiting. In fact, all positions are painful if I don't continute to stimulate myself during IC .... Is this normal?

beautyfromashes
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 20th, 2004

Re: Pain in some positions, not others. Normal?

Postby beautyfromashes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:16 am

I think a few more details are needed.

What kind of pain do you experience? Where? Can you give an example of a position that hurts? Have you given birth or had any injuries in your pelvic region?
Deep intimacy always requires work, acceptance, and forgiveness. Lots of it. ~~ Linda Dillow

lee'swife
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 9th, 2001

Postby lee'swife » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:16 am

If you aren't directly stimulating with your hand? Or can their be grinding type stimulation?
When did we start thinking that God only wanted us to go to safe places and do easy things?

TangledUpInYou

Postby TangledUpInYou » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

Yes, I've given birth quite a few times (pg w/ #6 now)! All vaginal, never an episiotomy either. No injury to the area.

I've tried the "grinding" stimulation idea and its fine in the beginning but to get the "deep" penetration/G-Spot stimulation it's painful if I don't keep my C stimulated myself, by hand.

I try to explain it to hubby like this: He's a knight trying to cross the moat into the castle, but someone has to turn the crank and lower the drawbridge so he can cross. If I don't keep the crank constantly turning the bridge will go back up and the knight will crash and burn ..... so to speak. lol

The pain I feel is mostly somewhere inside my abdomen - maybe a little more to the lefthand side/hip area. Sometimes in my mind I think an ovary is pinched or something! LOL But as long as I keep the crank turning, there's no pain at all.

Every position that offers G-spot stim will hurt. Missionary may not, but there's no real pleasure that way either. Doggy style definitely hurts - but I love the position over all. I just can't stimulate myself and hold myself up, too. Just, as examples.

TangledUpInYou

Postby TangledUpInYou » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:47 am

I was just reading another post about ovary pain during ovulation. I don't think this is my case b/c I have "ovary pain" regardless of the time of month or if I'm pg or not. And it's completely effected by C stimulation. Although I relate to pain during ovulation. I can get killer menstral cramps and also ovulation pain that can prevent me from walking, sometimes. I've mentioned all of this to doctors over the years and none have said they see anything abnormal. It's always been that way - since I was in my teens.

Arogen

Postby Arogen » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:44 am

Have you seen a doctor about this? If not you should just to make sure.

lee'swife
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 9th, 2001

Postby lee'swife » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 am

I wish I could be more help. Over a year ago this was happening to me. I don't know what caused it and I don't know why it stopped. It's a tough thing to have happen. (((hugs))) Maybe you should talk to your dr at your next appointment.
When did we start thinking that God only wanted us to go to safe places and do easy things?

melinda
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 14th, 2001

Postby melinda » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Any rear entry positions are painful to me, even with C stimulation. But my issue relates to how my body and DH's body align during intercourse. Even reverse cowgirl hurts me, but less than traditional "doggie". I'm not sure I have any suggestions, but I empathize.

Deelmo
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 8th, 1979

Postby Deelmo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:40 pm

I remember my DW had pain on her left side also. This lasted a few years. She spoke with her GYN and finally had a "hys-to-sell-pin-g-ogram" (sorry, tried to spell it out the way it sounds, don't know the real word) Her left fallopian tube was "tangled". Her doctor said that sometimes this is normal, sometimes it will just go away, sometimes it won't. Way back then, they didn't want to do anything. thank God is went away after a few more years. Like you, it seemed to hurt in just certain positions. Ask your doctor. It may be something simple like that.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least, 10 being the greatest) are you normal? I am a 1. And who's scale am I using? My wife's, of course!

TangledUpInYou

Postby TangledUpInYou » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I've mentioned this generally to doctors but I've never insisted I get real answers. I guess I assumed that they might see something on ultrasound, etc. I have my first prenatal appt May 1 so I will definitely bring it up and make it a point to get clear understanding. Thanks for the help, y'all! :D

george1985

Postby george1985 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 am

I have noticed that if my penis hits the upside of her vagina it will hurt but down goes much easier. So no pillow under her and taking it easy and aroused means success.

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”