uncomfortable pressure during thrusting

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
meglettx
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 9th, 2013

uncomfortable pressure during thrusting

Postby meglettx » Mon May 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi everyone, newlywed here...DH and I are having so much fun learning about ML and have already learned SO MUCH...but there is something that keeps puzzling me so thought I would ask. Our preferred position (or rather mine haha) is missionary, him on top. I like the security of feeling him above me, he is able to manually stimulate me while thrusting, I feel able to perfectly relax and have wonderful Os. However as a typical guy DH likes to experiment and try new things. The first week we tried several and nothing worked well at all (but some of that I feel like I know already how to fix, we just haven't had as much time to experiment since returning from our honeymoon to real life). I've noticed that when DH thrusts while on top I can feel him occasionally hit something inside (I giggled he was hitting my belly button the other night) and it was a neither here nor there feeling...didn't hurt but didn't feel amazing either. The only other position we keep trying again is me on top but when DH thrusts particularly good in that position it's like he's punching through an organ or something. It does NOT feel good at ALL. I remember noticing that I tried to tilt various ways and made it worse or better but I think when it feels worse is when he's getting further in (thrusting harder or I've moved to give him better access). Hubby likes this position (if for nothing else than variety) so I'd like to learn things that feel tolerable to me and also I'm extremely curious about my body and learning what all is going on. Does anyone want to tell this silly girl what very basic anatomy thing I don't know, and what this uncomfortable pressure means? Is there something I can do to make it feel better?

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Re: uncomfortable pressure during thrusting

Postby seeking perspective » Mon May 13, 2013 5:19 pm

It's possible he is hitting your cervix. Some women find this is pleasurable; some don't. I always found it to be uncomfortable or painful. We found that adjusting the tilt of my pelvis during different positions would minimize this for me.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Txtwinmom
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Postby Txtwinmom » Mon May 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Same here. Some positions just allow hubby to penetrate too deep and it can be uncomfortable. Right before my period begins is the worst time because everything can be swollen and more sensitive. Tilting your pelvis can help by changing the angle of entry. With WOT you can easily control the depth of penetration. You will probably find that some positions will be painful one time but not the next, so don't stop experimenting...ever :lol: .
"Sex is not the answer, Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer!". Swami X

JDFbride
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2000

Postby JDFbride » Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 pm

I agree with the above, it's likely your cervix that he is hitting. I don't care for that.

Play around with the angles, especially thorughout the course of your menstrual cycle....your cervix changes position quite a bit, so at some times of the month, tilting this way or that will help him avoid it.

For WOT, try having him lie still and you rock your pelvis on his, there won't be so much of the IN and OUT, like there is in missionary, but it is really good at getting the clitoris involved, and can aid in hitting the g spot. When we WOT, I usually do this to O, and then DH will take over and bounce me for a more in and out movement the last couple of seconds till he finishes.

meglettx
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 9th, 2013

Postby meglettx » Tue May 14, 2013 10:30 am

Ohhhhhh okay this makes sense, because I was definitely expecting Aunt Flo soon the last time it happened. I was afraid it was this g spot thing and thinking what [edit] that's supposed to feel good! Okay I'm off to read some of the old posts about finding the g spot.

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Tue May 14, 2013 1:45 pm

alternatively, it could be that he's hitting an ovary. I've done this in my DW before, from certain positions. Again, it depends on the time of the month, but when she's at a certain point in her cycle, they get really tender and it's not fun at all to have me hitting them. So, we avoid certain positions.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

CarrieLovesHerManDFC
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 16th, 2013

Postby CarrieLovesHerManDFC » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Aren't the ovaries kind of off to the side? And you aren't hitting them directly, right? But pressing against something that presses against something that presses against the ovary?

:P

Carrie
Just been tinkering/building a website to fill my time :P

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:19 pm

CarrieLovesHerMan wrote:Aren't the ovaries kind of off to the side?

They are off to the side, but you can jostle or hit them, depending on the position. However, since she mentioned flat on her back in missionary, so on second thought, it's almost certainly her cervix, not the ovaries.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

LoveIsSweet
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 10th, 2013

Postby LoveIsSweet » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:14 am

We have had this problem, particularly at times when my pelvic region was already tender or swollen (I have acute endometriosis and related ovarian cysts/enlarged ovaries). The good news for us is that it doesn't happen every time or in every position we've tried.

If you have a history of ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries, in my opinion he could be hitting an ovary (just considering how my GYN checks my ovarian cysts and can feel them from inside). Ovaries can twist and shift within the abdomen. I, too, would think the cervix is most likely, but at different times in your cycle the ovaries could've shifted.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”