Pelvic-floor dysfunction

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
librarian DFC
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 2nd, 1971

Pelvic-floor dysfunction

Postby librarian DFC » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:09 am

I don't post in this forum, as it's nowhere near my wheelhouse, but DW is an avid reader of Prevention magazine and this a.m., she said it would be good for some TMB readers to pick up the current issue (April). It has an article entitled "The Pain Down There" and deals with a diagnosis called Pelvic-Floor Dysfunction. The woman who is the opening illustration tells of a year of doctor after doctor before finding a book entitled Heal Pelvic Pain, by an Amy Stein.

I know nothing about these things, but I'm putting them out there on the chance that the info might help someone.
I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the exterminator. - Emo Phillips

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Pelvic-floor dysfunction

Postby SeekingChange » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:53 am

You seem a little uncomfortable passing that message along. You're not quite the same Librarian! :wink:

I'm sure it will help someone, thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

LoveIsSweet
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 10th, 2013

Postby LoveIsSweet » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:12 am

Was this article/book only regarding women? My husband seems to be experiencing pelvic-floor pain/dysfunction.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

librarian DFC
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 2nd, 1971

Postby librarian DFC » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:16 am

LoveIsSweet wrote:Was this article/book only regarding women? My husband seems to be experiencing pelvic-floor pain/dysfunction.

DW says that there was mention that husbands can have pain due to weak muscles, but for the most part, it was geared for women. Which is about right, given Prevention's target audience.
I was sleeping the other night, alone, thanks to the exterminator. - Emo Phillips

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”