Painful/impossible PIV-help

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 2nd, 2010

Painful/impossible PIV-help

Postby reesespieces » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:50 pm

5 years ago (before I was married), I had to have a "vaginal septum" removed. When we got married, sex was REALLY painful, which lowered my libido-and PIV only "worked" some of the time.

The next few months/years brought on brain tumors, chemo/radiation, PT, etc. and this also depleted my libido. I was basically a zombie.

Now, my libido is finally back and I've been able to O manually and orally (yay!). However, whenever we try PIV, it is REALLY painful. I have been using dilators to try to stretch, but maybe I need to do that longer before we try more?

I'm going to call my gyno on Monday to get an appointment. Any advice until then??

King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 24th, 1988
Location: We live in the wide open spaces of the beautiful Minnesota River Valley.

Re: Painful/impossible PIV-help

Postby IM_a_Farmwife » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:05 am

Hello reesespieces,

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with PIV. I had the same problem. I thought that pain and pleasure would always be intertwined in my sex life. It's a long story but what eventually helped me was having reconstructive surgery to open me up a bit. I had my female OB/GYN make a small incision between my vaginal opening and my anal opening. I had the most pain there. Ever since that final surgery, I've been good to go with no more pain. This incision was like an episiotomy but was meant to be permanent. Perhaps you could mention it to your doctor.

Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 16th, 2013

Postby CarrieLovesHerManDFC » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:22 pm

This is probably pretty common with larger husbands and/or smaller wives.

On days we have a little difficulty, lube helps with us. Coconut oil is pretty well received on this board :P
Just been tinkering/building a website to fill my time :P

Under the stars

Postby Kilarin » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Your sex life doesn't have to be over just because Penis In Vagina Intercourse isn't working. I think your other thread shows that you are already working on the solution to that problem. You need to find ways to stimulate your husband besides intercourse. And you are working on that.

California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 12th, 1981

Postby beekeeper » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:32 pm

We can certainly pray that you can find a solution.

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”