Painful PIV?

Painfull intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
Fall-lover
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 20th, 2015

Painful PIV?

Postby Fall-lover » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:53 am

So i got married 6 months ago, i was a virgin on our wedding night and it hurt but wasnt unbearable. I thought that the more we had sex, the more my body would get used to it and the pain would eventually go away. But 6 months later I'm still having issues. The thing is it only hurts during initial entry. Once he's fully in it doesn't hurt and he can enter and exit without any issues or pain. It literally just the initial entry that causes me pain. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what helped you work through it?
Thanks in advance!

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: Painful PIV?

Postby George B. » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:19 am

first, welcome to the boards! :wave:

my wife and I had painful sex issues (related to anatomy only) for the first few years of our marriage and again recently, so we understand this issue very much!

From the sound of what you're describing, you may have part of your hymen still intact or some other type of skin flap just inside your vagina that's causing pain upon initial entry. You may want to schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN to take a look. Often, they can do a very minor surgery to remove the extra skin or leftover hymen which should fix the problem.

it may fix itself on its own, too. I've heard that some people have this issue fixed when the first baby is delivered vaginally. Of course, I doubt you want to wait that long!

Have you tried thorough stretching all the way around the entrance of your vagina? Make sure you're using coconut oil (assuming you're not using latex condoms) or some other lube for easy entry, too.
Last edited by George B. on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:02 pm

George B. wrote:From the sound of what you're describing, you may have part of your hymen still intact or some other type of skin flap just inside your vagina that's causing pain upon initial entry. You may want to schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN to take a look. Often, they can do a very minor surgery to remove the extra skin or leftover hymen which should fix the problem.

Ditto, DW had something like this. Go see an OB/GYN, they can problem fix it right then and there.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Does it make a difference if he enters at a different angle or if you use an artificial lubricant?
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Fall-lover
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 20th, 2015

Postby Fall-lover » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks for the replies! I'm planning on going to the doctor next Monday, i hadnt even thought of it being something as simple as still having some skin still in the way! That makes me feel a little less worried!
We use coconut oil as lube, but it doesn't really affect my pain. And we've tried different angles and positions, but can't usually get it in unless we start in missionary. Once he's been fully inserted in missionary, he can exit and re-enter in any position without issue.

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:53 pm

sounds like that may be it.

Let us know how it goes. Blessings!
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”