Age and Loss of Pubic Hair

Aging brings changes - some good, some not so much.
ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Age and Loss of Pubic Hair

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:38 am

While I'm on my pubic hair thread kick, I want to ask OldBear or anyone who would know a question.

The book LOVE SEX AGAIN says that older women usually have little or no pubic hair due to hormones waning with age.
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Sex-Again-Gy ... +sex+again
Can anyone confirm or discount this? And, what about MEN???? I don't recall ever seeing an old man in the locker room or any man without pubic hair.

About half of DW's fell out after she lost her ovaries. Now, thanks to bHRT, it is back, longer and thicker than when we married. So I am hoping that as long as we keep her testosterone etc. is in the ballpark, she won't lose it. I hope!

When my testosterone was low, I didn't lose mine, and since taking TRT, it hasn't changed any, except recently has gotten less gray as mentioned in my above thread. I do have a little more chest hair -- not sure if it is the testosterone, or just part of aging. Old men tend to look hairier. Perhaps the amount of testosterone needed to grow body hair is minimal.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

OldBear
King bed

Re: Age and Loss of Pubic Hair

Postby OldBear » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Mrs. Oldbear had an oophorectomy in her late 40s, about 20 years ago. For a few years she took HRTs, but has had no prescriptions or organic supplements to address hormonal loss for over 15 years. She does take calcium supplements which keep her bone density at very good levels. She also exercises regularly and eats healthily - she is quite trim and fit.

To your question, Ledgemoor, her pubic hair is grayer and sparser, and more so over time. In particular, the area around her major labia is very sparse, essential 'shorn' by nature. This au naturale look and feel is terrific. Whether or not, HRT treatment or other solutions could arrest or reverse her graying or pubic hair loss is another question to ask and be answered. For us, we'll never know, as Mrs. Oldbear is quite convinced and comfortable to stay away from HRTs.

Given Mrs. Oldbear's libido, ease to reach an O, and natural lubrication (we often wonder how/why given her age and history) hormones aren't needed, thus we will continue to celebrate our graceful aging in TMB.

seeker12
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 17th, 1980

Postby seeker12 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Both DW and I are mid 50's. Neither of us have experienced color change or loss of hair down there.

mamame
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Postby mamame » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Having seen many a genital - it is true.

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:18 pm

mamame wrote:Having seen many a genital - it is true.

Ditto

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:26 am

Hi OldBear.

Glad Mrs. is doing so well. After DWs oophorectomy she was fine for a month or so, but then things got really bad. About half of her pubic hair fell out in a matter of weeks, and that was the least of her problems. Did your wife go thru a bad spell? Do you think that if we had waited long enough my wife would have gotten better? Anyway, no complaints, she's never been in better general health. At any rate, based on your experience she isn't likely to ever go totally bald there, which I am happy to hear!

Mamame & Hiswifeagain, men and women both? My curiosity isn't just on behalf of my wife's future :lol:.

Thanks guys.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:14 pm

Both in my experience, but honestly I've seen easy more women than men.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks. That makes sense -- there are very few men without testicles, but women without ovaries is common unfortunately.

OldBear
King bed

Postby OldBear » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:53 pm

LM,

The side- or rather after-effects of Mrs. Oldbear's oophorectomy were mitigated by immediate HRT therapy; years ago, it was standard protocol. The HRTs controlled hot flashes until she went off them entirely. Then for years, they were her ever-present nemesis. She seldom has hot flashes these days. Nor did she experience any dramatic pubic area hair loss - it's just gradually occurred over the past several years.

The one major change for her is her O. She tells me is 'just different' in her golden years although she rarely has trouble reaching a climax, and based on all physical and verbal indicators her O is as vigorous and intense, if not more so, in the past several years. Natural lubrication is also not an issue, for which we are quite grateful.

Perhaps her physical health - no medications, frequent exercise, healthy diet, great attitude, engagement in life, and trim body - have limited any side- and after-effects of no ovaries.

Hope Mrs. LM continues to enjoy good health, and my hunch is any loss of pubic hair will mirror Mrs. Oldbear's experience as our golden years continue to be celebrated.

Oldbear

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 pm

We discussed this with the bHRT doctor on our last visit, and he says that as long as the proper hormones are present, pubic hair will grow, and that we should see no change as we age. So that's good to know.

The doctor jokingly mentioned that no hair down there is the current fad, so we shouldn't worry about it :lol:.

Romantic Husband
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1978

Postby Romantic Husband » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 am

So far we both still have ours (I'm early 60's, she's right behind me), and neither of us have started to grey. I can't say the same thing for my head, but I'd much rather it turn grey than turn loose!
Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Return to “Senior Sex”