A Long Introduction

Tell us a bit about who you are. Threads and polls on age, religious background and more.
Forum rules
This section is to introduce yourself to our community and for others to welcome you. Please do not solicit advice here, rather, begin a thread in the appropriate section.
kittykat3
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 10th, 1995

A Long Introduction

Postby kittykat3 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:57 pm

This is the very first forum that I have ever been a member of. :newbie I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, so........I'm a little nervous. This will probably be a long introduction because my life has always been complicated. I just can't seem to fit it into a category with a cute title! :lol:

Married for 21 years. My husband is visually impaired and his eye sight is continuing to dwindle.
After 8 years of infertility, we decided to adopted. We now have three sons. Our oldest is Intellectually and Developmentally Disabled or IDD (if you feel like throwing letters together). I really have my hands full! Sometimes, overwhelmingly so.

In fact, I wrote the above paragraphs about 1 to 2 weeks ago and saved it as a draft. I'm finally getting back to write and send this introduction!

I'm learning a lot from this form and website. While I'm the HD spouse, I was on medication for about 10 years that took my libido away. Combine that with a LD spouse and you can pretty well guess that nothing was happening in the MB. I changed medication and my drive came back. Now my DH and I are trying to figure out how to work through all the emotions and rejections of that time. We are definitely on the right track.

I really like getting to read all the posts and seeing how God is working in other people's lives. It also gives me inspiration and practical suggestion that have been helpful. Thanks for allowing me to join in this forum.
"He gives beauty for ashes; Strength for fear
Gladness for mourning; Peace for despair"
-Crystal Lewis (based on Isaiah 61:3)

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Re: A Long Introduction

Postby Hiswifeagain » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:42 am

Welcome Kittykat3! I hope you find answers to your questions here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Romantic Husband
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1978

Postby Romantic Husband » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:27 am

Glad you're here. I hope this forum will be a blessing to both of you. There is a lot of wisdom on this board and in the membership.
Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

kittykat3
Twin size

Postby kittykat3 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:48 pm

I agree, RH. From what I have read so far, there is a lot of wisdom from which to learn. I especially appreciate the commonality of the Bible being our source of wisdom.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Glad you are here! This is my first and my only experience with a forum. It's not too hard to learn!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 am

KittyKat,

Welcome. We had a lady here several years ago whose husband was losing his sight. Don't know if she's still around.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

kittykat3
Twin size

Postby kittykat3 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks, Job. I would love for anyone with a spouse who is blind/visually impaired to introduce themselves to me. It would be great to compare notes and ask questions. However, I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot in this forum even if no one else is in the "same situation" as I am. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself To Us!”