2d to 4d digit ratio

What science can tell us about sex.
TJC
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 31st, 1975

2d to 4d digit ratio

Postby TJC » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:33 am

I read an article recently which I prefer not to link here, regarding the ratio of the length of the index finger and the ring finger. The assertion is that especially with regard to females, the right hand ring finger being longer than the index finger is an indicator of a higher drive. So.... I think it would be an interesting survey here to see how many HD wives this holds true for. Also how many LD husbands have longer or equal index fingers.In my case my wife's rig finger is slightly shorter than her index while mine is substantially longer. Has anyone else heard of this?
This is my beloved and this is my friend. Song of Solomon 5:16

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Re: 2d to 4d digit ratio

Postby Leah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Exactly the same here. Both hands.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:48 pm

A person's drive isn't a permanent trait, so I don't see how this could be possible. I've been low drive, high drive, and medium drive at various times throughout my life, and my fingers haven't changed length. :lol:
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:11 pm

This book: Why Men Want Sex and Women Need Love: Solving the Mystery of Attraction
https://www.amazon.com/Why-Want-Women-N ... +need+love
mentions that in reference to men, saying that men with a longer ring finger have more testosterone.

My ring finger is longer, DW's index finger is longer. I am the highest-drive, but DW's libido seems to be as good as or better than most wives, based on conversations with other husbands.

Her libido has increased over the years and especially here lately. However her finger lengths have not changed.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 pm

I have reas that the length of the ring finger in relationship to the index was an indicator of the level of estrogen your mother had while you were in the womb. The theory is that if they are about the same length the mother had higher estrogen, while if the ring finger was longer than index finger more testosterone. But if I recall, this only applied to men.

Turns out being male, my ring finger is shorter and would indicate lower T (higher estrogen wne I was growimg inside the womb). Yet I was and still am high drive. That is in large part in comparison to DW, who if you know my story is so LD that having higher drive than my wife may not be a very difficult bar to exceed!

While interesting, I don’t put much credibility to it. But it will be interesting to see how the women respond. And I may just out of oure curiosity take a close look at DW hand.

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 pm

I think a lot of hand structure would be built in the DNA. My mom’s family all have long, narrow feet and slender hands. I have them, too.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Though I was a refuser/gatekeeper, and though I have been lower drive compared to my husband (whom, before low T, had a higher drive than the majority of men here, and with low T, still seems to be quite average or higher than what a fair amount of men seem to desire)... I, now, from my education from TMB, realize that I am a sexually higher drive woman. Even my husband said the other night, "I think God created you to be a very sexual woman."...all I could say is, "I agree." This began as a pre-teen. My fingers, the ring-finger is shorter.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 am

I'll have to look at my wife's hands--she generally has a higher drive than most women, but I don't know how much of that is genetics and how much is general conditioning.

My ring finger is much longer than my index on my right hand. From 2D:4D ratio research I've done, it means I likely had a lot of exposure to testosterone in the womb, and has several implications to physical and social characteristics for me, again, based on scientific research. It's pretty fascinating stuff.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

wolfsphoenix
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 18th, 1997

Postby wolfsphoenix » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:26 am

Without getting out a measuring tape, and if any difference were to be noted, it would be within millimeters, I'd say my ring finger & index finger (of each hand) are equal to each other (and equal to the ones on the opposite hand as well).

I'd also say I'm a fairly high drive female.

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:08 am

Dont want to change the subject, but what is “fairly high drive” mean?

Does it mean in comparison to other women your age, or in comparison to their husband? National Average? Or a pure self assigned definition.

If a person believes “a lot of sex, or frequency” equals once a month. and they meet that is that really high drive?

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Postby SeekingChange » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 am

Interesting question Unfulfilled. We have a certain number to equate a "refuser" (1x a mos. or less), I wonder if there is a number that equates "high drive"? What I have noticed, many men are fine with an every other day schedule, which equals 3-4 times a week....in my mind, I think of that as an average drive for a male. Typically we see females that are lower drives than their husbands. Is a higher drive all relative? For me, under normal circumstances, I am the lower drive spouse in our marriage, but I am pretty convinced that I am much higher drive than the typical female.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

TJC
King bed

Postby TJC » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:48 am

Very good point indeed. When first married, I was interested anytime I wasn't busy doing anything else :lol: Obviously age and DW drive seriously curtailed that. At 61, I'm still up for it at some point most days. Don't know for sure, but I suspect that would be considered HD for any man.

rdierdorf
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 26th, 1980

Postby rdierdorf » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:11 am

I've read about this study, and the results have nothing to do with sex drive. In South Korea, a sizable number of men were undergoing surgery. While under anesthesia, various body part measurements were made to check for correlations. One measurement was the length of the flaccid penis when stretched. That has been known for some time to be a good indicator of the size of a man's erection. The only body part that correlated was the length of the ring finger relative to the index finger. Men whose rings fingers are longer than their index fingers tend to have longer erect penises. It is speculated that this is due to the male embryo being "bathed" with a higher dose of testosterone at a specific point of development. Since sex drive is variable throughout life, but penis length is not, it seems that trying to correlate finger length to drive is a fruitless task.
Striving to be an Ephesians 5 husband

TJC
King bed

Postby TJC » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:39 am

Never heard that one...by that theory I should be HUGE!!! :lol: Sadly I'm only average.

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 pm

That South Korean study has proven true in my case but I don't know if that's coincidence or not.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

TJC
King bed

Postby TJC » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 am

the particular study I was referring to was this one: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6983900612

Although upon looking at it again, it's more addressing women being more assertive than being HD. Maybe somehow I equate the two as being the same in my mind? Who knows...

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:48 am

Assertiveness would make sense. But I don't know if that would necessary equal HD. based on what I know, HD comes from a number of factors--psychological and physical

SeekingChange
Under the stars

Postby SeekingChange » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 am

Either way, by nature I am "assertive and competitive", my personality is a "lion". I am more confident in stating this than about being higher drive. My index finger is still longer than my ring finger.

My Story

TJC
King bed

Postby TJC » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 am

Certainly there are many factors that come into play with sex drive. In my case, my drive is undeniably high even at my age, but how I react to that is seriously affected both by DW's attitude and by my relationship to God. It's kind of an equation of is the desire worth the price I pay, in terms of disrespect and risk of rejection? That does not mean my drive is any lower, it just means I am unwilling to act on it. Continued rejection or apathy will naturally lead to a lack of desire to be intimate with one's spouse, but does not mean the desire to be intimate is gone. It just means they do not feel safe to do so.

Return to “The Science of Sex”