Is this a good honeymoon idea?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
ThatGirl
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 25th, 2018

Is this a good honeymoon idea?

Postby ThatGirl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:54 pm

We're both virgins but not entirely innocent (having some level of experience with previous partners unfortunately, but no experience with each other). What I always wanted to do for my honeymoon was stay at a romantic hotel and just...stay in and enjoy each other. I want to know if that is impractical or not? I don't see the point in going to a fancy vacation destination at this time, when we're probably going to spend more time in our room than we will on any future vacations we have in our lives. I'd rather save the more expensive traveling for another time, when we will be more focused on the traveling.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're going to have sex the whole time, and I'm sure it will take time for my body to get used to sex anyway. But it would be nice to also just read a marriage book together, relax in the private in-room Jacuzzi and talk, take a shower together, even just cuddle in bed naked and watch TV (which probably sounds dumb, but it sounds like a big thing when the two of us have never been naked together or in bed together before). The hotel we're looking at, there's even an option for a private in-suite swimming pool for not too much more money. Basically, we want to just spend three days alone in our suite and clothing-optional, except for when we go out to eat. Sex may or may not happen more than once or twice, depending what my first time is like. It's basically just the intimacy of being alone together, naked a lot, enjoying our new marriage. Does this sound like it would work?

love2
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 16th, 2006

Re: Is this a good honeymoon idea?

Postby love2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm

I think so. there are a lot social pressures for both the wedding and the honeymoon. It's really important that you follow the traditions that work well for you and not worry about what other people think.

People may think that you're supposed to have a destination honeymoon but you're not marrying those people and they're probably not virgins

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 pm

It sounds like a very good idea.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:42 pm

That sounds absolutely lovely as you ease into intimacy.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Learning1
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 15th, 2014

Postby Learning1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. What does your fiance think about the idea ? Usually no matter where you find interesting things to do together, such as a small museums, walk in a local park, regional history, nature hike, shop the local mall etc.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

dc9
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 21st, 2001

Postby dc9 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:19 am

I'm a husband, and I think it sounds great! If my FW had come up with a suggestion like this 17 years ago I would have been thrilled. I wish we had done something like this for our honeymoon instead of what we did.

I think you should talk about it, though.

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:27 am

It sounds really nice! You might want more than 3 days if your budget/work schedules will allow for it. We only went away for a long weekend after were were married (with a longer trip several months later) and it was amazing how fast it went by. Also if you will be close to where you live I'd either not tell friends family exactly where you are or make it clear that you don't want any company/phone calls. I can see my family trying to stop by or calling if they knew we were close by.

Twue_Wuv
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 3rd, 2000

Postby Twue_Wuv » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:23 am

I love that idea. I'd be down for that.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Sounds like an excellent idea! Save the money for a cruise or travel to an exotic destination for your first anniversary.

But do make your honeymoon longer than three days if at all possible.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Epaminondas
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 19th, 2003

Postby Epaminondas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Sounds great. I’d also suggest a private villa, house, or cabin instead of a hotel perhaps for added privacy if those are an option nearby or to your taste. Hotels and B&Bs can be nice but can also feel less private depending on noise and sound insulation, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God Bless <><

Purerinheart
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 9th, 2014

Postby Purerinheart » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm

This is exactly what my wife and I did as we didn't have money to travel. It was so nice just being undressed together and ordering room service. My wife was naked under the covers, when the food came. She was completely covered, even her head so it wasn't tacky. The hotel was next to a mall and we had our first underwear shopping trip together. So much fun. Yes, you are in for a treat just relaxing with lots of fun in the shower and just enjoying each other. Have fun enjoying God's gift of sexuality!

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Depends how long you are talking about. At some point it is nice to go out and explore some new place for a while before heading back to the marriage bed. It doesn't have to be some exotic location though. Most every town, even small ones not far away, have touristy type spots. And it is good to get out to some place where you have that feeling of leaving the regular work-a-day stuff behind. A place where nobody for miles and miles around you knows you or your cell phone number.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

poetess
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Postby poetess » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:06 am

Yes, if you are only doing a three-day honeymoon, by all means stay inside the whole time. In fact, for just three days you can limit your food to room service or take a jar of peanut butter, a loaf of bread, some fruit, etc. and just stay in your room the whole time if that is what you both want. We had a week, but most of those days we stayed in, with one day set aside to take in a romantic event at a nearby location. (We might have gone out again later in the week except we ended up dealing with illness.)

If you manage a longer honeymoon, it's best still to keep some days set aside to stay "in."
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”