Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

The magic inch

What science can tell us about sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
SeekingChange

Re: The magic inch

Post by SeekingChange »

You've lost me! O_o LOL
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

In that you can't see the first figure in the full paper or don't understand the "first derivative" math term? If the figure, you should be able to see it in Paul's link. If it's the math term, all the derivative means is the slope or "steepness" of a plot. In the paper, the curve for men is very steep in the teenage years, indicating that men have their first O as teens almost exclusively. In TMB's survey data the huge "spike" in the 12-14 yr range says the same thing, and the TMB plot is essentially equivalent to the slope (or steepness) of the plot in the paper.
-Link+Zelda
GeorgeB
King bed
King bed

Post by GeorgeB »

fascinating. This explains so much about our married sex life, especially after I read the article.

Also, as an aside, if I remember correctly, I read that one of the French royalty (I think it was one of Napoleon's daughters) had surgery to move her clitoris closer to her urethral opening so she could have easier orgasms during PIV sex.

Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Yes, Marie Bonaparte, who was one of the researchers that this newer work based their study upon. She was Napolean's great grand niece.

-Scott
-Link+Zelda
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

Wow. That seems painful, even with more modern surgical techniques and pain meds.
Wife of 21 years
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

It is the differences in Marie Bonaparte's measurements and modern ones that suggest a change in the average distance in the recent past. The data is too sparse to make a real claim, but it's an interesting theory.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
GeorgeB
King bed
King bed

Post by GeorgeB »

very interesting.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I just skimmed the article (link 1).... I have been able to O from PIV, with no other aid. But the more I paid attention, I realized that clitoral stimulation was happening simultaneously. This is one reason missionary positions are my favorite. It is all-around much more pleasurable for me. Positions that take his body away from mine (specifically the clitoral glans) they are not near as pleasurable, if not pleasurable at all. For me, ultimate pleasure consists of both the clitoris and inside the vagina (my focal pleasure spots vary from each encounter) being stimulated simultaneously. Os from clitoral stimulation alone isn't near as satisfying.

I do wonder, does anyone know that when you can feel an O originating deep within (vaginal or uterine), versus from the clitoris, even though the clitoris is stimulated, and yes there is a difference.... what kind of orgasm is that classified as? Is it considered a clitoral O if the clitoris is stimulated at all? Or, is it about where the O actually originates?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

I think what you're describing would be considered a vaginal O. But technically, since the full clitoris wraps on both sides of the vagina, it's probably still a clitoral O. It's just a different part of it that's being stimulated. And yeah... huge difference between the two.
Wife of 21 years
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Thanks. Things can get so confusing because everything is so intertwined. "Yes, I can orgasm from PIV alone, oh wait, my clitoris just happens to be getting stimulated during it."

Return to “The Science of Sex”