Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

During menstruation?

This section is for discussing penis in vagina sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
2Cor517
Single
Single

During menstruation?

Post by 2Cor517 »

I completely understand that every woman that God created is unique, but I am curious if it is an overall preference for DWs to abstain from PIV or any sexual activity while menstruating?

My DW and I do not have sex during that time as she has said that the potential for a mess is the main contributing reason. Personally, I don't get squeamish at the sight of blood and the possibility of blood during the course of ML/PIV wouldn't make me turned off. Let me be clear that I do not press this issue with her and I'm not looking to check this off of some sort of weird fantasy list, I am just wanting to understand and have a discussion about it.

I am aware that there are other physical factors such as cramping that might contribute to the reluctance. One thing that I do notice though is that pretty much every time she is menstruating, she gets really aroused. It is definitely confusing and frustrating. I don't know if it is the hormones or the taboo factor or a combination of both.

I am hoping that DWs on this board can shed some light on this subject. Do you and your DH abstain from PIV during that time? Why or why not?

Are there other DHs out there that wouldn't have a problem if the opportunity presented itself?
SeekingChange

Re: During menstruation?

Post by SeekingChange »

I used to see it as a free pass to an off week.

When I was convicted and changed my attitude around sex, we didn't have PIV the first 48-72 hours of my period, because of heavy flow mainly, plus I may not physically feel the best. But once my flow is lighter, we will have PIV.

Like your wife, I used to have stronger desire towards the end of my period. I haven't experienced that for a while.

What helped me get over some of the hang-up your wife has is 1) knowing it doesn't bother my husband, and 2) using dark towels under us.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

We always abstained during my period because of the mess. Dh never gave any indication that he wanted to have PIV during that time. I always offered to give him oral if he wanted it.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I’ve always said, “A good soldier isn’t afraid of a bloody battlefield” but before we got married, DW asked for a pass for PIV; but she did say she was willing to serve me in other ways.

However, when her period finally came after we got married, she was horny and wanted me inside…so I dutifully obliged her. :D Also, DW never had a big flow like some women experience.

A good orgasm for some women during menstruation can be a welcomed relief but that doesn’t need to include PIV.
Ron
California King
California King

Post by Ron »

Before menopause, my wife wanted nothing to do with sex during her period. She also was not into offering hj etc. either. Her period time was my free pass time to take care of myself.
Twue_Wuv
California King
California King

Post by Twue_Wuv »

As long as my wife isn't super bloody or super crampy, we will have sex. My wife likes it because it helps relieve the cramps. Also, the "knife in the ketchup bottle" helps "drain" her faster of the period blood, so the period ends sooner.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
happywife90
Single
Single

Post by happywife90 »

Doesn't matter because I am in menopause now, but before we never had sex during my period. It grossed him out.
CTim
Double
Double

Post by CTim »

It limits us to missionary only, but other than that DW just grabs a towel to put under her and away we go. :)
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

Acts 15 says to abstain from fornication. The NT was not written in a vacuum. It makes sense to read the OT to see what constitutes fornication. A woman could be put to death for fornicating in her father's house, and then being married off as a virgin. There is also Leviticus 18, which is full of restrictions on various types of sexual immorality-- sex with certain close relatives, with animals, men with men, and also a man uncovering a woman's nakedness during the time of her monthly uncleanness-- right in there with adultery, incest, same-sex sexual activity, beastiality... and child sacrifice. For all these types of things, Gentiles were driven out of the land.

Acts 15 seems to align with Jewish thinking, codified maybe a generation or two later, in which in order to be righteous, Gentiles were expected to do things the OT required of them, since they had a covenant through Noah. The conversation had probably been going on a long time. Acts 15 should also remind us of Noah since Gentiles are told to abstain from things strangled, and from blood. The Torah indicated that long list of sexual sins in Leviticus 18 were sins for Gentiles, since they were driven out of the land for it. Acts 15 says to abstain from fornication.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

In response to @Mr. Marrieds comment, here's more of the stance I believe: https://www.gotquestions.org/sex-period.html I am a New Covenant believer.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Intercourse (PIV) & Positions”