Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

09/14/21 - Would you rather...

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

09/14/21 - Would you rather...

Post by SeekingChange »

Would you rather....

A) Repeat all 4 years of high school,

OR

B) Work for 4 years without a day off?

Why?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

Crazydaddy
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: 09/19/21 - Would you rather...

Post by Crazydaddy »

newwifenewlife wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:22 am Uhmmmm...I'm gonna refuse to play this game. Neither sound pleasant! :lol:
I couldn't possibly agree more. I was an idiotic punk in high school. I would not like to be there again. Also, I work for a living and refuse to live to work.
Oldbear
California King
California King

Re: 09/14/21 - Would you rather...

Post by Oldbear »

Repeat all four years of high school. I enjoyed my high school years. Great friends. Active in sports. Great memories. Best of all, dated a beautiful girl all four years and then married her, forever!!!
footnassman
Single
Single

Post by footnassman »

my actual choice would be neither...

The first isnt bad, but it isnt especially good, either.

The second is ridiculous....

So, if made to choose I would go back to HS. I didnt hate HS, but I am so much happier as an adult....no games to play. No pretend "role" that I thought I had to play to fit in.
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

I would go back to school providing it was the late 1960’s as opposed to 2021. I would study harder, take a few more college prep courses and play another sport. Most importantly, I would accept Christ as my savior in high school as opposed to post college.
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

High school was mostly good for me. I enjoyed my friendships, and really liked learning so I would pick A.

My preferred choice would be to repeat 4 years of college. I think I would be a better learning now, and I would take a wider variety of classes...
tentsofpurple
King bed
King bed

Post by tentsofpurple »

B. My family of origin was very dysfunctional and reliving four years with them would be horrible. It would stink not to have a day off for four years but at least I would be with dh and in a stable situation.
LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Post by LBD »

There’s an old song that says “I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger.” If that were the case, I’d do HS again for sure. Things would evolve differently this time around. But then again, if I did that, many great things might not come along…..so…
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog

Return to “Question of the Day”