Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Massage Courses-Online

Games, lingerie, toys, taking photos, stripteases, fantasy, role-playing, bedroom ambience and sex outside of the bedroom (not overly public places).
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
TheAccountant
Queen bed
Queen bed

Massage Courses-Online

Post by TheAccountant »

Good evening. Thinking of a great investment for my marriage for me especially right now would be a massage course. One that would teach me everything to be able to provide a wonderful massage of all kinds to my wife.

I really struggle as I'm weak in my hands and arms. (I'm tall and lanky) While my DW is a little bit bigger. It's toucher for me to really push or rub as her skin is very tight and a good amount of surface area. Im not complaining, just having to overcome.

Right now I have seen the Melt:Massage for Couples Course. They are offering a multi tear membership with one being $300 lifetime access. This seems to be marriage focused as well as possibly getting updated over time? This seems like a good investment, but what do y'all think? Any other courses or companies to recommend especially that are designed with marriages in mind first?

I know there are a ton out there that are generalized, but trying to stick to something for the marriage life.
SeekingChange

Re: Massage Courses-Online

Post by SeekingChange »

My husband got the lifetime thing through MELT. He gave it to me as a Christmas gift 4 years ago, we have never done it once.

Here's my thoughts and lesson....you need to take the initiative and not put things on your wife of what she has to do before you will use it. Otherwise, save your money.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
TheAccountant
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by TheAccountant »

SeekingChange wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm My husband got the lifetime thing through MELT. He gave it to me as a Christmas gift 4 years ago, we have never done it once.

Here's my thoughts and lesson....you need to take the initiative and not put things on your wife of what she has to do before you will use it. Otherwise, save your money.
I actually really want to do this so I can do this on her! She likes massages, but I usually can't get my hands to work right or have the stamina. I really think this would allow us to become more intimate.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

TheAccountant wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 pm I really think this would allow us to become more intimate.
I would agree!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
TheAccountant
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by TheAccountant »

SeekingChange wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm My husband got the lifetime thing through MELT. He gave it to me as a Christmas gift 4 years ago, we have never done it once.

Also, did you ever look at it? If so, did it look interesting or at all worth it? Could you maybe give me your thoughts?
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I watched a video by the guy who does it. I really won't be much help because I never looked to deep into it, because at the time, I wasn't in a good place, which was also why I wasn't going to put in the work required of me for me to "receive" my gift. But, I love massages, so any massage would be good for me. The only thing I wasn't sure of, is it seemed like it happened while both were sitting. In my opinion, if one has to sit upright, they can't fully relax, but maybe he gives other options.

I believe @NewWifeNewLife has experience with this, so I would expect to hear from him.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I bought them 5 yrs ago and we’ve used them on occasion but I haven’t seen his latest stuff. I paid a lot less for lifetime access. I’ve incorporated some things from them. As SC said, if you want it, then put the effort in and lead the charge.

Personally, because of my back, I prefer giving a massage on a table (The MELT philosophy is on the floor or a poof stool). It’s just easier but it means setup, tear down, and needing more space. It also has its advantages if you buy a solid table with a good weight limit. 😁 I have told my wife that I will give her a “no-strings” attached massage if she’ll set it up, no matter how late I come home.

Over 35 years ago I took Anat. & Phys in college. A couple years later, I got a book, studied and memorized a routine. (Al Gore hadn’t invented the internet yet for videos.) I took a 6 wk community massage class nearly 20 yrs ago with my now ex-wife. I’ve also gotten a lot of professional massages for a variety of masseuses with their styles & philosophies, paid for as well as volunteered for at a local massage school for their student practicum hours so I’m confident about what feels good and what is irritating.

You can learn too. It’s awesome to learn to breath and become one with my spouse by just resting my hands on her body to start. Slow and steady wins this race. Practice, finger and weight training would help your stamina as well as learning how to incorporate broad strokes with your palms, knuckles and forearms. It doesn’t need to be deep tissue, just something for the two of you to connect. You might even be able to pay someone to come in and give you personal coaching lessons. No matter what, enjoy the journey of touch and connection with your wife.

If you're gonna try it, maybe sign-up for a three month ($35) trial or even a $99 one year subscription instead? That would certainly allow you the education and experience together. If you put the time and effort in and want to sign on for more, go for it. Otherwise, you could save your money for more oil, a stool, a table or any number of other things. Denis’ MELT massage oil is a staple around here for more than just massage. 😉
Last edited by newwifenewlife on Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
California King
California King

Post by David »

He's got some free videos, so you could watch a few and see if you like them without having to commit.
The paid videos are currently being updated, and I think he's adding some content, too.

From the free videos, it's very definitely couples orientated. It's not sexual, although he does talk in one of the free videos about the fact that he realises lots of couples will have sex afterwards. He encourages the giver to kneel on a stool/pouffe/beanbag with the giver sat cross-legged between their knees. Essentially, this means you can use something you probably already have (or can buy cheaply) and don't need much space.

Return to “Activities & Items”