Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Who Waited Until Marriage to Have Sex?

Forum rules
Post in this section ARE NOT be seen by guests and search engines.
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Re: Who Waited Until Marriage to Have Sex?

Post by MiddleMan »

DW and I would go to the park and climb a tree a lot when we were dating. Hard to get into trouble when you're up in the branches! :D
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

My wife was in a boarding house when we were dating, for most of it, anyway, and there was a space between the wall and the ceiling between her room and her roommates room. We did shut the door sometimes to discuss things or kiss. If I had it to do over again, I might do that differently. But we did not have sex in there. We usually left the door open, at least a bit. Some neighbors were suspicious otherwise.
Hubz
Single
Single

Post by Hubz »

Wife and I were both committed Christians when we dated and married. I was a virgin and had grown up in the church. My wife didn’t come to Christ until college and was sexually actively prior to her coming to Christ.
When we married, I was 28 and she was 25.

We did not have sex prior to marriage. We kissed when we got engaged, and made out a lot during our engagement. Only once did we “cross the line” and there was some groping. But nothing beyond that.
blessedman
Single
Single

Post by blessedman »

We waited. No regrets. Sex was amazing on the honeymoon and ever since.
Ron
California King
California King

Post by Ron »

Neither of us were virgins, but, I had only had sex a couple of times when I was 19, then nothing until I met my wife. My wife on the other hand was very sexually experienced. She had a steady boy friend for 2 years and they had regular sex. She had others too. We go married late 20's.

We started dating and had sex a few times, then decided not to anymore until we were married, which was nearly a year later.

At the time I was 19, was not going to church, I always had until then. Skipped out for a few years, then got back to church.

Do I wish I had waited? Probably should have, I know a lot of young people don't wait, but I would advise it for sure. It is something special you will always have if you wait.
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

How many of you waiting until marriage? We did.
Were you a Christian? Yes.
Were you regularly attending church, reading your Bible, praying, fellowshipping with other saints? Yes.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

MrMarried wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 pm How many of you waiting until marriage?

I was, DH was not. When I get discouraged about our MB I wonder "I waited for this?!?!?".
MrMarried wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 pmWere you a Christian?

Yep.
MrMarried wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 pmWere you regularly attending church, reading your Bible, praying, fellowshipping with other saints?
Yes, I was and DH was too.
Wife of 20 years
neilEthere
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by neilEthere »

We met at Church. Both married to others and with three kids. Effectively ran off together (if you can do that in a small community) which raised all kinds of issues which we have dealt with (and will need to continue dealing with til we die) since. That was 25 years ago. Oh, and we had one kid ourselves and raised the seven as brothers and sisters and they are a formidably tight fighting unit.

Regularly attending etc ............. yup. Regrets .......... no point.
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

Violet wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:18 am
MrMarried wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 pm How many of you waiting until marriage?

I was, DH was not. When I get discouraged about our MB I wonder "I waited for this?!?!?".
There was a poster, a woman in seminary, who said something similar. Apparently, she had been promised an ideal sex life if she would wait in some kind of purity-focused church event.

IMO, that is the wrong motivation. Marriage might be better, and probably will be, if you wait. But the reason not to fornicate, primarily, is not to sin against the Lord, and secondarily not to sin against others.

We aren't supposed to steal. That doesn't mean if we won't steal we have a happy life or have lots of cash. Or if we don't kill, that doesn't mean things go well for us all the time. There are consequences for sinning, but we are not guaranteed easy times if we don't.
SLS
King bed
King bed

Post by SLS »

MrMarried wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:45 pmMarriage might be better, and probably will be, if you wait. But the reason not to fornicate, primarily, is not to sin against the Lord, and secondarily not to sin against others.
Exactly and if we look even deeper the main motivation should be love of the Lord and of others. We don't serve the Lord to earn brownie points, we do it because we love Him and have a relationship with Him.

A trivial example is the other night when my wife fell asleep with my pillow. I didn't want to disturb her so I just slept without one. It wasn't super pleasant but I did it because I loved her. My motivation was purely one of love, not to get her to do something later out of obligation.
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

Return to “On-Topic Chit-Chat”