Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Feeling of Hunger in a LDR

What is lust? What isn't? How can I guard myself...
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Christopher980
Double
Double

Feeling of Hunger in a LDR

Post by Christopher980 »

So, my girlfriend and I are in a long-distance relationship. I haven't been able to see her in person since my birthday back in the beginning of May. She's been busy with her Union job, and we haven't made much time for dates. With the two of us living three hours away from each-other, her work schedule, and my mother recovering from foot surgery; we haven't been able to meet in person at all.

Because of that, I've got a gnawing hunger in my gut(?) for her. I don't know if it's a Godly desire to see my woman again, or if it's lust on my end. I've admitted I have a desire to go to the pool with her, which she isn't comfortable with. I'm ranting here, but have ya'll had a similar hunger for your spouse?
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Re: Feeling of Hunger in a LDR

Post by Beccaloo »

Christopher980 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:37 pm Because of that, I've got a gnawing hunger in my gut(?) for her. I don't know if it's a Godly desire to see my woman again, or if it's lust on my end. I've admitted I have a desire to go to the pool with her, which she isn't comfortable with. I'm ranting here, but have ya'll had a similar hunger for your spouse?
1 word, YES! A hundred times yes.
The question then becomes, what are you going to do with that energy?
You can write her an actually letter, that would be a great surprise.
Call or video call.
Start planning a future date, with or without her input.
Use this time to better yourself. Exercise, read a book, take a class.
Redirect this hunger into something positive instead of just wasted time.
Edit- it's not uncommon for my DH to be away for months between visits.
Christopher980
Double
Double

Re: Feeling of Hunger in a LDR

Post by Christopher980 »

Beccaloo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:28 pm
Christopher980 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:37 pm Because of that, I've got a gnawing hunger in my gut(?) for her. I don't know if it's a Godly desire to see my woman again, or if it's lust on my end. I've admitted I have a desire to go to the pool with her, which she isn't comfortable with. I'm ranting here, but have ya'll had a similar hunger for your spouse?
1 word, YES! A hundred times yes.
The question then becomes, what are you going to do with that energy?
You can write her an actually letter, that would be a great surprise.
Call or video call.
Start planning a future date, with or without her input.
Use this time to better yourself. Exercise, read a book, take a class.
Redirect this hunger into something positive instead of just wasted time.
Edit- it's not uncommon for my DH to be away for months between visits.
Planning a date isn't hard, I was actually planning a Saturday afternoon for us at Madison GA. But she's got Union stuff THIS weekend, then the 4th weekend with her Step-dad for his birthday, then her father's birthday the weekend after. So that's been pushed back, gives me more time to plan it out. Lol
Writing a letter might not be a bad idea.
Calling her is iffy because she doesn't get a signal at work, and she doesn't get home until six or seven pm.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Return to “Lust & Immodesty”