Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Not So Common section

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
ng95901
Single
Single

Not So Common section

Post by ng95901 »

I noticed that the disclaimer that used to be present above the Not So Common section back in the days of the old forum is missing. I felt it was quite needed then and I am curious why it has not returned in this incarnation of the forum?
SeekingChange

Re: Not So Common section

Post by SeekingChange »

That's a question for the admin to answer. I know when us mods were working out bugs before it was opened, I mentioned the previous "rules" for certain forums. Because they weren't added, I figured PaulB (and/or Dale) had a reason....therefore they will be where you'll get an answer to your question.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
ng95901
Single
Single

Post by ng95901 »

I appreciate your quick response. It is my humble opinion that leaving the old disclaimer off of that specific section is detrimental to the frequency and diversity of topics posted there. It also leaves the door open for a potential debate given the right conditions for a hot topic post. People who frequent that section should feel free to do so without the usual prevailing tone that seems to accompany it as it did in the past and seemingly still continues to do even in this version of the boards...
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I know that one goal is to not be so heavy-handed on "rules" that was experienced previously. Even under the "rules".... (there is no changing that term with the system....okay, I am totally NOT techy, and that's obvious by my language).... but where TMB had control, the term "guideline(s)" is intentionally used. Maybe some of this colored the decision, I am not sure. I am sure if there is an outweighing need seen, a change will be made.

Again, this is really a question only the admin can answer....I am just sharing the very little knowledge I have that seems like it might apply.

Thank you for asking the question and bringing up a concern. It never hurts for any leadership to reevaluate how they are doing things, and if they are still on track with the mission of the ministry (or business.)
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
ng95901
Single
Single

Post by ng95901 »

SeekingChange wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:55 pm I know that one goal is to not be so heavy-handed on "rules" that was experienced previously.
Interesting. As a former mod under the old system, I can't say that I experienced such a tone. There was a clash of large personalities with a tendency to dominate the boards and I always surmised that probably led to desire for a fresh start. Again thanks for the insight...
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Post by Dale »

There was a huge amount of set up with the new board system, and some things slipped through the cracks, such as the explanation for the Not So Common section. I’ll work on getting it rectified. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Dale
Twue_Wuv
California King
California King

Post by Twue_Wuv »

What did the disclaimer say?
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
ng95901
Single
Single

Post by ng95901 »

Dale wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:32 am There was a huge amount of set up with the new board system, and some things slipped through the cracks, such as the explanation for the Not So Common section. I’ll work on getting it rectified. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Dale
The current team appears to have made a monumental effort in returning the boards to a semblance of the old glory days. Having installed and worked on a number of these, I know how time consuming it can be. I appreciate the efforts to safeguard the Not So Common section. If we learned anything the last time, once the protocols were in place, post frequency and quality improved immensely. Thank you for addressing the concern with diligence and open-mindedness.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Twue_Wuv wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 pm What did the disclaimer say?
IIRC, it basically said it wasn't a place to discuss if it was right or wrong.
ng95901
Single
Single

Post by ng95901 »

Was just curious to know if there in an ETA of said modification to NSC... thanks in advance, I know the admins are very busy...

*UPDATED*

I see the fix now please disregard, thanks!

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”