Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Is it okay for a church to fire a pastor over sex issues?

Money, In-laws, and other things that drive you crazy.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Nova
Single
Single

Re: Is it okay for a church to fire a pastor over sex issues?

Post by Nova »

Several of the answers on this thread are written with an attitude of unkindness, which is unhelpful in opening lines of communication with someone. Tabitha and her family is having a hard time right now, and I’m sure there’s a lot of turmoil in her marriage regarding this event.

I would caution other posters from posting accusatory statements, regardless of how “accurate” you may think they are.
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

@Nova, is it a spirit of unkindness or one of frustration?

Tabitha has posted several times on this forum, and seems very reluctant to accept advice.
Nova
Single
Single

Post by Nova »

In a text medium, the two are difficult to distinguish, so when dealing with someone who may not be receptive to criticism, it’s important to ensure that your tone does not become hostile, lest your message be spoiled.
mkzv
Double
Double

Post by mkzv »

"I wasn’t hurt or angry because my husband shared with trusted colleagues, I am angry that he went for help and they made matters much worse. "

This is very sad, you are angry that your husband went for help, Tabitha, would you consider getting help yourself? If in this forum you feel that you are not getting the support you want, find forum/counselor/group/a person where you could get help. Just from what I read so far, I am amazed at your husbands patience and I am sad at your blindness. I suspect there are bigger issues than sex, frequency, etc.
Ask yourself these questions:

• Am I truly a believer in Jesus Christ?

• Is Jesus Christ Lord of my life? Do I fully submit to him and his word?

• Do I feed on God's word? (I don't mean just reading it, like any other book) does God actually speak to me through the bible?

• Do I see any progress in my Christian walk?

I echo much of the comments above, I hope you read the comments and give thought to them.

I would strongly recommend to reaching out to other Christian ladies who know you, the ones you trust and look up to, seek them out and talk to them and when you ask for help be ready to receive that help. In any case humility is a must, God gives grace only to the humble, and God does resist the proud. Every person has hard time seeing pride in themselves, it is always easy to see it on others, but that is part of the cause and effect, pride blinds us. By all means, please reach out to someone you trust, there is hope for every person alive.

Return to “Finances, In-Laws, and Job Issues”