Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Sharing TMB site with adult children

Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Sharing TMB site with adult children

Post by LovingHimAlways »

This is a spin off from @Krista's recent "Birds and bees" post. I tried doing a search to see if the question had already been asked but, came up empty.

Have any of you shared the TMB site with your recently engaged/newly married adult children and their spouse?

Did you feel weird at all about the fact that you post here even though it's all anonymous?

This site is such a wonderful resource for newly married couples. I am seriously considering sharing it with them but, I worry that it would make things awkward. I have plenty of time to consider it as neither of my children are ready to marry yet.

Thoughts?
SeekingChange

Re: Sharing TMB site with adult children

Post by SeekingChange »

No, I haven't shared it. If they came upon it on their own, that would be a different thing. But for what I am personally called to on here, I believe it would hinder it.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Irnmyk
California King
California King

Post by Irnmyk »

DW, with my concurrence, and maybe at my suggestion, shared the TMB dot com site with a daughter who was marrying. Nothing more has been said about it, so I don't know whether or not she ever visited there, or ever found the dot net site.

Do we feel weird posting here, even anonymously? In a word, no, but I'd certainly feel weird posting if I weren't anonymous. But, DW and I both feel that we are thankful for the wonderful sexual relationship that we do have, and recognize that TMB has been part of our growth, and want to be an encouragement for others who are in different "Seasons of Sex" (See another current thread on that topic for my thoughts there.)

Even though I am anonymous here, a daughter - that daughter in particular - could figure out pretty quickly who I am due to the words and phrases I use. I am prepared, should she - or anyone else - ever confront me with finding me here is to say that what she sees is a loving couple that has a great sex life that they wish to share anonymously with others as an encouragement because of the help that this site has been for us, and that I hope the same for her and her new hubby.

You may want to just recommend the 'dot com' site to them as a resource and then see what happens if they find this Board.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

SeekingChange wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am No, I haven't shared it. If they came upon it on their own, that would be a different thing. But for what I am personally called to on here, I believe it would hinder it.
That's true. I am not that active on here but, I would be even less likely to respond if I knew for certain they were were reading.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Irnmyk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:27 am
Even though I am anonymous here, a daughter - that daughter in particular - could figure out pretty quickly who I am due to the words and phrases I use. I am prepared, should she - or anyone else - ever confront me with finding me here is to say that what she sees is a loving couple that has a great sex life that they wish to share anonymously with others as an encouragement because of the help that this site has been for us, and that I hope the same for her and her new hubby.

You may want to just recommend the 'dot com' site to them as a resource and then see what happens if they find this Board.
I do like your suggestion to tell them about the main site. I will think about this some more. As I said, I have time, neither of them is ready for marriage yet.

As to the bolded above....I do hope that i can have as wonderful a response should they ever ask me about my participation on the board. :)

Return to “Grown Children”