Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Branson, MO

Where to stay, and what to do all around the world. PLEASE identify the location in the thread topic.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
Dad24
Double
Double

Re: Branson, MO

Post by Dad24 »

I just stumbled on this thread. We live about three hours from Branson snd get season tickets every year to Silver Dollar City. It give us a reason to go. We usually find a condo snd sometimes our adult kids and grandson join us. Lots of shows, some hokey but all good family friendly. Titanic is great. Ripleys believe it or not was a disappointment for us. Outlet malls for shopping. Check out Branson Landing definitely need to eat at Paula Deans restaurant on the Landing. Definitely worth the wait. Dinner cruise is good too. There is a store downtown that is like an old 5 &10 store that is awesome to browse. If you have time eat at Lamberts in Ozark. Home of the throwed rolls. They literally throw dinner rolls at you. Springfield has bass pro shops- main headquarters and first store. I worked there in college. Battlefield mall there too. Dickerson zoo is nice. It’s a small one but good for small kids.
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Post by MiddleMan »

The old downtown is really cool, but very steep to walk. Dick's 5 and Dime, the Farmhouse Restaurant is one I would suggest. Across the street is a candy store where they make all their own stuff. All the way down the hill from downtown is The Landing with lots of shops and restaurants. We always have to go to the kitchen store. Downtown is more stuff like a quilt shop, leather shops, flea markets, etc. The Landing is more upscale shopping and dining.

We usually go for a walk along the lake, just past the dam. They have a paved path.

The Chinese acrobats are amazing.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

It's funny this came back up.... this trip was canceled because of COVID, but we are supposed to get another opportunity at the end of summer. What I am interested in now is what kind of freedom is available there? If one of you know, could you PM me? Of course a lot can change in 3-4 months. :|
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Post by MiddleMan »

What do you mean by freedom? COVID restrictions? I think that part of Missouri is pretty loose.

Also, I forgot to mention the dinner train, if it is running. It's expensive, but a really cool ride through the Ozarks with a very nice dinner. My wife and I dressed up when we went, but a lot people just wore daily street clothes. Seems odd to me to spend $60 for a dinner and wear shorts and a t-shirt.
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

Following. It's definitely funny that this came back up again, as it appears likely that I'll be in Branson this summer. First time since high school.
Wife of 21 years
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

I found this article which, if you read through it, you will find a wide gamut of mask or not wearing masks recommendations based upon where you visit and what you are doing in Branson.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/m ... 12074.html

Speaking of Branson, MO, one of the things we did a long time ago when our kids were smaller is rent a pontoon boat on Table Rock Lake. Kids had a blast tubing. The manmade lake is very warm in the summer and it is a HUGE lake with no end it seems to where it goes.

Pretty much all the other stuff to do there seems to have been mentioned in previous posts.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Why not go go cart racing and see who is the better driver? :lol:
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Post by MiddleMan »

DW has no interest in go-karts, but the kids loved it. We did horseback riding, which I don't care for. My horse tried to take off and my tail bone was sore for a week!

Has anyone mentioned Dogwood Canyon? Or the National Tiger Sanctuary? Go at feeding time, it pretty cool. DW said it was possibly her favorite thing we've done there.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

hastentheday wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:10 pm I found this article which, if you read through it, you will find a wide gamut of mask or not wearing masks recommendations based upon where you visit and what you are doing in Branson.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/m ... 12074.html
I appreciated this, thanks!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Places to go & things to do”